If there’s one thing I’m really fucking tired of, it’s girls who are too worried about everyone else’s opinion to do what they want. When did it become a thing that we had to question every move we made for fear of someone thinking we’re weird or bitchy? I’m weird and bitchy and I have absolutely no problem with it, but others seem to have a harder time. A friend of mine was once afraid to sext a guy back who she really liked because she thought he’d think she was slutty, so she played it safe, and instead he thought she was boring.
I get it, some decisions can be hard or scary, but flip flopping between options or going along with something because you’re afraid to make waves is just the worst. There are a lot of things that you should definitely question before you do them, but there are a million others that you should never be afraid to do if it’s what’s right for you. Taking a chance is always, always better than sticking to the safe choice just because you’re afraid shit could go wrong. That’s part of the fun.
In lieu of a million, here are twenty things a girl should never be afraid to do:
- Break up with him. You don’t even have to have a reason—if you feel it, do it, and don’t look back.
- Get a drastic hair cut.
- Push the guy away in the club who comes up behind you and starts grinding on your ass. It’s not cool.
- Ask a guy out. Always worth a shot.
- Say “I love you” first. If you feel it, fucking say it.
- Argue with someone over something you feel strongly about.
- Say no to sex to a guy even if they came home with you.
- Say no to sex if he refuses to wear a condom.
- Say no to sex if you don’t fucking feel like it.
- Be naked with the lights on in front of him. You’re hot. Work it.
- Speak your opinion even if it’s not the popular one.
- Tell him how you like it. Sometimes guys need a little help finding the right, ahem, area.
- Buy yourself a vibrator. Who needs a guy?
- Change your mind. About anything.
- Ask for a raise. That doesn’t make you a bitch. It makes you smart.
- Buy a guy a drink at the bar.
- Wear a bikini and actually swim at a pool party. You look good wet.
- Purposefully over-dress for an occasion. Does Blair Waldorf worry about standing out in a crowd? No.
- Sext. It’s hot when you’re good at it.
- Make a huge mistake. It happens. You know what they say. Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all, or whatever.
When all else fails, just do you. Trust your instincts, and let your freak flag fly, baby girl. You got this..