Boyfriends are great. They tell us we’re pretty, they usually let us be little spoon, and they make us feel like princesses at least 50 percent of the time. And who can blame them? We’re pretty much perfect. Still every now and again, these guys will throw us for a loop and prove us wrong. Because despite contrary belief, we are (gasp) not always right. Read this. Your boyfriend, your friends, and your future, will thank me.
- When he left the toilet seat up.
It’s just as hard for him to put it up as it is for you to put it down. Chill.
- When he wanted to watch football on Sunday.
Either grab a beer and join him or do literally anything else. Let him enjoy his life.
- When you split the check.
Especially if you’ve been dating for a while (and are serious), don’t expect him to pay every time. If you plan to have a future together, get used to sharing bills.
- Those times he hangs out with his friends instead of you.
I’m sorry. You now have an excuse to watch his Netflix, eat his food, and go through his stuff. Where’s the problem?
- And those times when he tells you to just go without him.
The only thing better than hanging out with your boyfriend is gossiping about him.
- When he got upset that you were Snapchatting your ex.
We ALL what to know what, exactly, you were sending him.
- Or texting him.
Because yes. That shit ain’t cool.
- Or contacting him at all.
No one wants to deal with a resurfacing ex.
- Guys Night.
It’s annoying. But do you know what’s more annoying? Being mean about him having a guys night.
- The fact that he went home for the holidays instead of hanging out with you.
Small talk with your parents and watching you unwrap presents on Christmas? Eh. No thanks.
- And that he didn’t speak to you every second over break.
Don’t be the needy girlfriend who takes him away from family time. Silence will go a longer way than annoyance.
- The horrible moment when he “accidentally” ate your leftovers.
Okay. It was a shitty thing to do. But in the grand scheme of life, it’s not a big deal.
- When you drunkenly called him a dick in front of all of his friends.
Nothing impresses guys like being a total bitch to their best friend.
- When he asked if you guys could take your car.
Gas isn’t free for him either.
- And when he tells you that maybe you shouldn’t have another drink.
Not in a controlling way. In a “you’ve been sobbing on the bathroom floor trying to eat toothpaste from the tube” sort of way.
- The annoying fact that he watches porn.
He’s not cheating. Okay? He’s just not.
- When he asked you to put your phone away at dinner.
Stop looking at people on a screen and look at the guy in front of you.
- And stop Snapchatting literally everything he does.
It’s embarrassing him. It’s embarrassing you. And it’s embarrassing everyone else.
- When he wants to try something new in the bedroom.
It’s not because he’s tired of you. It’s because he doesn’t want to get tried of you.
- And when he doesn’t propose after six months (or a year, or two years) together.
Nothing makes a guy more sure about spending his life with a girl than being harassed about it everyday.
- When you asked if the dress you were wearing made you look fat.
That’s a trap! A trick! A low blow! It wasn’t his fault.
- And any other time he tried to compliment you and you took offense.
He said “pretty” instead of “beautiful.” But in his defense, he doesn’t get it at all.
- When he says a celebrity is hot.
Really? You don’t do the same thing? Tell me how you feel about the Hemsworths then.
- Those times he cancels plans for you, puts up with your shit, and tells you that he loves you more.
Because no matter how annoying you might be. You totally, totally deserve his love.
I guess they aren’t so bad..