With the weather warming, it’s becoming more and more clear to every undergraduate senior that graduation is just around the corner. Although we all knew this day was coming, and have had four years to prepare for it, that doesn’t change the freakouts that occur when you realize that these last few months are all we have left before we have to join the real world. With that in mind, here are some of the things you’ll do during your last semester of school:
1. Spend more time decorating your planner with stickers and writing down due dates than actually meeting them.
2. Freak out because you still have to turn in your “intent to graduate” form, take 3 required courses, and figure out what you’re going to do when you leave this magical place.
3. Cry to your advisor regarding said freakout.
4. Decide you’ll just let your advisor figure out your life, rather than do it yourself after he comforts you.
5. Retail therapy.
6. Break down again two weeks later.
7. Sleep through and skip class more than you attend it.
8. Get legitimately mad at your little when she makes fun of you for being the oldest in the family tree.
9. Never step foot in the library. Not even once.
10. Regularly begin getting wasted-face on days other than Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
11. Start feeling compelled to speak in every chapter meeting to make sure everyone staying behind realizes how important your traditions are…and how important you are.
12. Have another breakdown when one of your pledge sisters gets engaged because you can’t remember the last time you MO’ed someone without being drunk.
13. Get really drunk and do more retail therapy to deal with that breakdown.
14. Spend hours at each function taking pictures with sisters you barely talk to.
15. Take advantage of every opportunity to see any person you know even remotely, whether or not you have five midterms and seventeen papers due the next day.
16. Realize that in two months you’ll have to start dating actual grown-ups and that it will soon be unacceptable to sloppily MO frat guys at your favorite college bar on a Thursday night.
17. Sloppily MO frat guys at your favorite college bar on a Thursday night to deal with that reality check.
18. Realize that you need to have a presentable resume to turn into future employers.
19. Head to the career center for help with your resume because you barely know what that is.
20. Get lost going to the career center.
21. Try to convince the workers in the career center that “recruiting your chapter’s largest pledge class ever without dirty rushing” is a huge accomplishment that your potential employers might actually care about.
22. Debate the pros and cons of dropping out of all of your classes and becoming a fifth year senior.
23. Get hit with huge waves of nostalgia about pledging, blind date functions, and pretty much anything else you complained about while it was actually happening.
24. Become more obsessed with your little than you were at reveal, which you had no idea was possible until now.
25. Realize that ultimately college is such a wonderful experience, because it’s so short. Look back on all the times you had, good and bad, with a smile, and get excited (…ish) about the next chapter of your life.