I bet each and every one of you could think of at least one relationship that you cannot stand. These two people just should not be together and are completely unaware of it. They constantly argue, never agree with each other, and drag a bunch of outsiders into their bullshit problems. There have been one too many moments where your blackout-self has wanted to confront the couple on their awfulness, but thankfully your sober sister talked you out of it. If you’re the one in the terrible relationship that all your friends secretly hate, you might relate to some of these.
- Your cute couple social media posts don’t get any love.
But they’re probably getting screenshotted and torn apart is group chats everywhere.
- No one ever asks how your significant other is doing.
Because they don’t care.
- All invites to hang out with you both are declined.
“Want to go on a double date with my boyfriend and I? It could be really cute!”
*would rather attend 8 a.m. philanthropy after an insane night of drinking*
“Nah, I’ve got to study.”
- No one gives you relationship advice.
You’ve ignored all past advice given or else you’d be single like everyone wishes. No one’s putting any more effort into being your relationship counselor.
- People stop inviting you to hang out.
Because you’ll either be busy with your boyfriend or you think it’s okay to bring him along. It’s not.
- You’ve gotten into fights with other people about your boyfriend.
That argument with your best friend about how your guy isn’t what she thinks he is. Yeah, you were wrong.
- Your stories about your relationship get the dullest replies.
“He didn’t even text me goodnight last night.”
“Oh, that sucks…”
- People scatter when you start talking about your day.
Sure, you could just be talking about the anatomy test you aced. Or you could start complaining about your beau once again and send everyone running for the nearest safe place.
- You’re not even in the running for Couple of the Year.
The formal chair was nice enough to put your names on the ballot, but word on the street is that the only vote you’ve gotten was from yourself.
- Your friends encourage you to cheat.
Which is completely fucked up, which just goes to show how much they hate him.
- No one’s actually sure if you’re still dating.
The relationship has been so on-again-off-again and no one has cared enough to keep up with it.
If any of these were a little too familiar, call up the asshole right now and send him packing. Sure, the breakup transition is always hard, but now you can have a conversation your friends will actually want to listen to..