In case you haven’t been on Instagram in the last 24 hours, the 2016 Met Gala was last night. Even though the event is technically an annual fundraising gala for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute in New York City, everyone knows we really only care about it for the outfits. It’s basically like the celebrity’s version of sorority formal; everyone who matters attends the prestigious event and spend weeks — no, months — planning their outfit. This year’s theme (see, I told you it’s just like sorority formal) was “Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology.” Some celebs hit it out of the park, and some didn’t even care to dress to the theme. Here are the superlatives for the Met Formal, I mean, Gala.
1. Most Realistic Representation Of A Contraceptive: Beyonce
She’s ribbed for your pleasure.
2. Biggest Outfit Repeater: (tie) Kim Kardashain and Kylie Jenner
This year’s Met Gala dresses:
Hmmm.. those look eerily similar to things they’ve worn in the past:
A Kardashian in metallic? Groundbreaking.
3. Most Likely to Moonlight As A Dominatrix: Nicki Minaj
I knew Meek Mill liked it rough.
4. Most Likely To Appear As An Oompa Loompa in the Next Willy Wonka Movie: Emily Ratajikowski
Apparently orange is the new tan.
5. Biggest Hair Chameleon: Emma Stone
Homegirl can slay in red, blonde, and brunette? Bow down, bitches.
6. Best Star Wars Adaptation: Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik
Zayn is proof that even robots can find love.
7. Most Fashionable White Walker: Kanye West
Kanye is a secret Game of Thrones nerd.
8. Dress Most Likely To Injure Someone: Kate Hudson
The edges of her dress require a 5-foot perimeter at all times.
9. Most Overused Designer: Balmain
When creativity completely fails you, just ask Olivier to design you a metallic dress.
10. Dress Most Likely Inspired By Fruit: Solange Knowles
Beyoncé has lemonade, Solange has bananas.
11. Most Likely To Nip Slip: Edie Campbell
Tits out for the boys, AMIRITE?
12. Best Gossip Girl Goth Jenny Portrayal: Taylor Swift
Reason #867,929 to hate T. Swift — she’s inspired by Jenny Humphrey.
13. Least On Theme Designer: Ralph Lauren
Last night at the #MetGala—such a spectacular evening! All mamas know it's hard to feel beautiful and confident one month after having a baby. Thankfully, I was in great hands with the brilliant team at @RalphLauren. Jewelry from #IvankaTrumpJewelry, shoes and clutch #IvankaTrump collection. #ManusXMachina
How exactly does a simple monochromatic dress represent the merger of fashion and technology?
14. Least Flattering Outfit: Julie Macklowe
Body suits are a privilege, not a right.
15. Most Likely To Wear A Dress Made Out Of Duct Tape: Michelle Monaghan
Didn’t I see a “Made” episode that featured a dress like this back in the day?
16. Most Likely To Confuse The Renaissance With The Future: Tabitha Simmons
History really just escapes some people.
17. Biggest Outfit Copier: Rita Ora
Kim K, Beyonce, and J. Lo already crushed this look, last year..