Excited to get your hands on the newest iPhone, which is likely to drop sometime within the next few weeks? Well, you’re already behind, because supposedly the iPhone 7 is just a placeholder until the 2017 iPhone that we all need to get excited about. It’s still unclear whether it will be named the iPhone 7s or the iPhone 8, but there are likely to be some pretty serious changes to the new design Bloomberg reports.
Apple is on track to remove the home button in an effort to utilize a new design that focuses on the phone’s display. What’s more (a lot more) is that the 2017 iPhone may very well be able to scan a user’s eye, which you know — if you’ve watched any movie, ever — is the beginning of the end.
And what do we have to look forward to in the immediate future? The iPhone 7 is rumored to debut on September 7, according to Mirror. Apple has reportedly sent out an invitation for that date, so it’s likely the new phone will be unveiled at the event. The phone is usually set to release a little after its initial unveiling, and the rumor mill expects the new phone to go on sale on September 16.
Some other potential features include:
- The removal of the headphone jack. (How the hell are we supposed to work out or survive airplane rides?)
- Options for more storage — 32GB compared with the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus which offer only 16GB
- Two display size options: 4.7 inches or 5.5 inches (iPhone 7 Plus).
- Possible expansion of color options (some videos suggest we might get a blue iPhone).
- A larger camera lens
- Waterproof?!?!? (But this has been rumored before. I’ll believe it when I see it.)
So basically, we still don’t really know anything. Except that this new iPhone will suck in comparison to the even newer future iPhone 8. Neat..