8. You can buy about a zillion Diet Cokes for the same price as your daily Starbucks, and saving on dad’s credit card will definitely help you out when persuading him that you really need ten new dresses from that new spring line.
9. Whether you’re mixing Cherry Burnett’s, Skyy Vanilla, or Pinnacle Whipped, Diet Coke is the perfect mixer.
10. It’s a magical hangover cure.
11. Unlike your favorite coffee shop, Diet Coke is available 24/7 for those all-night study sessions, or whatever else you decide to get into.
12. It comes in a variety of flavors for those of you who feel the need to spice it up a little bit.
13. People don’t give you crazy looks when you order a Diet Coke like they do when you order your regular venti skinny, half-soy, no-whip, no-foam, extra-hot caramel latte.
14. You’ll satisfy your sugar craving by drinking one, without ingesting any sugar whatsoever.
15. You always have a shiny, reflective surface to check your hair in.
16. You’re guaranteed to always have a Diet Coke supply in the sorority house, so you’ll never have to worry about those pesky caffeine withdrawals.
17. It’s convenient for your pre-Starbucks caffeination. You need something to do the job during the hour you spend getting ready to go out for coffee.
18. Did I mention it has no calories?
19. You won’t be judged by anyone for consuming upwards of five Diet Cokes in a day, unlike your other calorie-ridden or caffeinated beverages of choice.
20. The following ad with Anderson Cooper. Need I say more?
RecruitmentChairTSM (@TheRecruitChair) is a contributing writer for Total Sorority Move. This current grad student and ex-sorority girl survives solely on Diet Coke and the tears of the pledges she personally victimized. She's a Monica, a Marnie, a Miranda, and a Regina. Her favorite hobbies include drinking $14 bottles of wine and binge-watching season 2 of Grey's Anatomy until she cries. You can send her annoying e-mails at RecruitChairTSM@gmail.com