Before we had Amy Schumer, we had a different blonde comedienne. She was sarcastic, she was clever, and she said all of the wrong-but-oh-so-right things that made us laugh so hard we might have peed (maybe. Just a little bit). We’d curl up into bed and flick on “Chelsea Lately” to giggle at all of the dumb things people in the world were doing, and feel better about the shitty things in our own lives.
But then, the show stopped, and life was somewhat sad. We survived, of course. We read and re-read her books, and we started watching other ballsy funny ladies. But still, there’s just something about Chelsea Handler. So it’s with great excitement that she is finally, finally, FINALLY coming back, for what looks like an absolutely phenomenal slice of television heaven.
According to the Youtube description,
Chelsea Handler is going there. In this new four-part documentary series, Handler is asking the questions that we all have, but are too afraid to ask. Delving into topics that fascinate her: marriage, racism, Silicon Valley, and drugs– she goes after answers, all with her wry and unique sense of humor.
And guess what? It looks even better than you can imagine.
Right?! It looks so good! Here are a few winning quotes that make me drool at the thought of this coming to Netflix soon.
- “I think it is so important to be able to make fun of stereotypes.”
- “Truth is a funny thing.”
- “The only way to find the truth is to go there.”
- “Pot is like sex. Some’s better than others, but it’s all good.”
- “What is streaming? I’m not really sure.”
- “The only way we break down barriers, is we gotta break them down in our individual lives.”
- “I’m questioning things that I never did before and saying to the world, ‘This is how I feel.'”
- “I want to live in a place where a person of every color is able to hit on me.”
- “I don’t mean to be judgemental, but I am.”
- “What do you think about sobriety?”
- “If I’m really fucked up, my dog is like, so judgemental.”
Ugh, same Chels. I don’t know about you all, but seeing these hilarious ladies taking charge, speaking up, and changing the world is pretty damn inspiring. You can tell jokes, and you can laugh at yourself, and hey, you can even laugh at society, all while getting shit done. “Chelsea Does” premieres on January 22, on Netflix. And I, for one, can not freaking wait..
Image via Youtube